Sunday, February 24, 2008
Depressed
Yes, what a surprise I am getting more and more depressed. Its coming up on a year of not hearing from nmother. Next month is Spring Break too. Look at my birthdate and count back, I am a product of spring break and partying. March is hard. I met my ndad in person in March 2005, hard to believe its been almost three years. I remember chatting at an adoption site (a very very proadoption site) and another adoptee came in and asked how our "angst was doing". I work obsessively on my genealogy, making up for lost time. I realize though, I dont really fit in with my nfam's history, I wasnt there to hear the stories. I dont fit in at all with my afam's history either. Growing up I always listened to the stories but I knew chances were slim that my ancestors were on the same ship. So here I am adrift and depressed. How common am I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hiya, sorry your feeling down,its like a never ending merry go round adoption but without the fun of the fare. If ever you need someone to chat to or just have a moan to feel free to to say. There is nothing worse than thinking your on your own.
take care tina
thanks Tina. Its nice to know I am not alone!
I'm sorry you haven't heard from her in so long.
I would never do that to my daughter, unless she asked for space, if / when we reunite.
I hope you hear from her soon!
I hope geneology gives you some peace, someday, when my kids are older, I'd love to delve into it. Congrats on the job!
Thanks Heather and Sunny. Sunny if you ever need help with the genealogy stuff just let me know!
I'm sorry. Depression sucks.
Post a Comment