Monday, September 24, 2007

Phone call

I'm not much of a phone talker. Ndad is. He calls when he is on the road going home from job sites. It makes sense and the time usually works well with me. I am not one to discuss emotions (well online etc but not IRL). He has been having a tough time with his business. My half bro P was his main sales guy but he walked out a few weeks ago. Its a good thing as the two had different approaches to business and there was a lot of conflict. We talked a bit about P who I had always wondered about how he really felt about me "popping up". His wife J had made a few comments about how she thought she would have the "first" grandkids. Hmmm P has an older sister (same mom, different dad) with two kids. Did they not count? I guess my kids were a threat to being first. Ndad, P and J are all very competitive Type A personalities. P and J would argue about who was best at diaper changing etc while I was visiting. We sorta hung out but I just didnt feel a real connection to them. I did like P's older sis though, she is a lot like my asis in looks and personality I guess. Ndad didnt come out and say it but it sounds like P wanted us to have a paternity test (guess the fact I look just like our dad doesnt count?). Whatever comment P said or has said, ndad told me to just ignore P because I was in his life now and P just has to deal with it. I think maybe P was upset because I really got on well with ndad's wife M. I really think she is a great person, fun and person I would pick for a friend. KWIM? It's taken him over nine years to accept M. I do understand somewhat since ndad has made some really bad relationship choices over the years and P had to deal with all that drama. It did make me feel good in a way that ndad shot down the issue of paternity (I would have done the DNA test). I hope ndad doesnt stress out too much cleaning up the mess P made of the business. Ndad had some serious health issues so P helped but didnt know when to hand back control over the company to ndad. Ndad is also worried that P is using cocaine or something similar. He had been more and more paranoid and several people have told ndad the same concerns. If so, P is going down that road ndad was on for so many wasted years. Do we learn from our parents mistakes??????

2 comments:

Possum said...

Can't believe I hadn't left a message yet.
DOH!!
Must catch up on your blog.
I'm glad your another adoptee blogging out here in the wilderness - our numbers are growing. YAY!!
Poss. xxxxx

Mary said...

Thanks Possum (love the name, hubby has a cousin who goes by Possum)