Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Slipping into sadness

Today was good. I helped an adoptee search and he had his first phone call with his nmother. I am very happy for him. She wondered over the years about him but would have never searched. It drives the point home to me though. My nmother wishes to go back believing I am dead. Its easier she told me.

4 comments:

Possum said...

It's a bitter/sweet thing, isn't it.
So happy for those that want reunion - so sad knowing that your own mother wants to forget you ever existed.
Yeah - I so know that hurt.
(((((((((((((Mary))))))))))))
Sitting beside you - handing you a drink.
Sending you love & hugz from way down here.
Poss. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mara said...

((((Mary))))

That's such a sad thing for both you and your mother.

Mine was there at one point. I keep wishing yours would wake up and see what she's missing. It's so tragic.

Sunny said...

(((Mary)))

You deserve so much better!

WE adore YOU!

Celeste said...

What a sad, sad way to be remembered ... a mother who refused to be part of her daughter's life. So very sorry, IA ... she is wrong, very wrong to do that. I don't know why she choses to live her lies instead of her truth. You are part of her truth, and she has chosen to deny you. I'm so very sorry. CB