Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Happy news for a change
A positive development.... I had left a message at my half-bro's myspace account a few weeks ago. I followed up with my email addy when he didnt respond. He forwarded it to K his full (and my half sis). Their father is also my father. She emailed me and we went crazy emailing back and forth yesterday. She and N had a very painful childhood. Ndad basically abandoned them and their mother. He left to go to the store and never came back. I pretty much knew this. He finally got sober and off drugs about ten years ago. He attempted to make amends but of course was rebuffed. Its very bittersweet now connecting with K knowing how badly ndad's actions hurt her and N and their mother. I dont have the painful history and past with ndad and we have been able to forge a relationship. When I visited him I was tempted to contact my half sibs but fear of upsetting ndad and fear of rejection by them held me back. Hopefully, K and I will continue to learn more about each other and someday meet. We have a lot in common and we are both willing to let what happened to K and N regarding ndad not affect our relationship. She has some of the abandonment issues many adoptees have. I think she and I are off to a positive start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
this is great news!
But yes adoption still sucks.
Hello! I wanted to drop you a quick message letting you know about a new Social Network for Adoptees, called AdopteeNetwork.com.
http://adopteenetwork.com
If you'd like any more information, feel free to contact me personally @ johnsaddington@gmail.com. I'd love to discuss how we can work together!
John
Post a Comment