Friday, August 17, 2007

Introduction, Part 2

The next day was a Sunday. The kids were at a rodeo and we were going to pick them up. I was walking around the grounds and several people were congratulating me. I was confused. Finally someone said "didnt you find your real family?" My MIL as soon as she heard the knews had pretty much announced the news to the whole rodeo crowd. When we got home, I started gathering pictures to send to bmom. I emailed her a note about how happy I was to find her and that I was getting a photo album made for her. During the week I checked my email constantly, and my phone was with me at all times. Silence. My inlaws would call and see if I had heard from her. I emailed her again to let her know I had sent the pics.
Friday... She finally calls. The picture album has arrived. She sounds irritated that I had sent it to her house, like where else I could send it? She has decided not to tell anyone about me. She doesnt want to "rock the boat". I am stunned and devastated. She has completely turned around about things. She continues with more comments "I can never give you a mother's love, it died a long time ago". As she tells me this I cry (silently) while my daughter naps. She looks at the pictures while we talk. She tells me that I look "big boned" and that my children look "healthy". She talks about her therapist and how she was told to set "boundaries" with me. I am really upset by the time we get off the phone. I go online when I get home with my chat group. Of course they all tell me to think of HER and how hard this is for HER. Nothing about how hard this must be for me.
I decide FINE. I will search for my bdad. I had done some looking and he wasnt hard to find. I continue to look for information/genealogy on my bmom's side, MY family. I find a picture of my gr gr grandmother online. She looks just like me! The picture creeps out my hubby and kids though.
I find info on my bdad and decide to compose THE LETTER. His bday is coming up so I want the letter to arrive on his bday. That way if he isnt happy about it, he wont forget, and if he is happy about it, well its his bday!

No comments: