Sunday, September 30, 2007
Your poor mother
That tends to be the first response when I tell the whole adoption story. I grew up with the traditional mom too young to raise you story. Imagine my surprise to find out she had planned to raise me but her mother and doctor told her I died and had me adopted out. Money is such a wonderful thing. 99% of the time I get the "your poor mother". Well, you know, poor me too. Its a lousy feeling to find out your own grandmother sold you off, lied to her own daughter and had NO REGRETS. How evil can you be????? Even though I had cut contact with my aparents many years before I was so tempted to call my amother and tell her I found the truth out. She knew some of what happened. I wanted to rub it in her face, but I held back. She was terminally ill and I knew my asis would never forgive me for it. Plus, I am not really a mean person. Now I have to deal with my nmother's lack of contact, rules etc. I HATE being a secret. I understand her reasons but does it make it better? NO. She has also said very hurtful things "It was easier believing you were dead than finding out you were alive". "I dont have any mothers love for you, that died a long time ago". Um thanks. At least you are going to sugar coat it and lead me on. Yes there is always a bright side. I also get comments about, well your story isnt NORMAL. Oh really, adoption is? Removing a child from his/her mother is normal? Then I get the you are one of those "antiadoption people". Well I am ANTI MY ADOPTION yes! I realize that foster kids removed due to neglect and abuse need homes. I wasnt one of those so stop using that as an example to show how great adoption is. Evil grandma died two years ago, I think we can all figure out where she and evil doctor are now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG.
This is just so screwed up.
Evil - indeed.
AND - your a-mother knew of some of the story.
UGH.
*insert crying emoticon just here....*
Poss. xxxxx
Post a Comment