Thursday, January 3, 2008

Teenage Boys and Mini Bars

Well I was going to post an orderly blog about my trip but why? Who wants to read about airport security, cruise line security (three screenings? WTF) and the like. Lets get to the good stuff.
The girls and I had the stateroom with the porch. Very nice. We made Bill and Ed take the inside room (I would go nuts in one). I also made sure the "honor bar" was locked in our rooms. Mainly because I could see the allure of Pringles at 2am.
Ed made friends with E and his brother. They are from Canada. E and bro shared a room far from their parents (which made Ed quite jealous). Dec 30, E decided to host a party in his room. Mayhem ensued. According to Bill, Ed staggered in about 330 am and said he was sea sick and proceeded to barf all over the bathroom. Bill bought it. I tried to wake Ed for his long anticipated excursion (zip lining over valleys and ravines in Kauai). No luck. Ed finally got up (around 11am). I told him he had been sick. He didnt believe me til he put on his shorts from earlier (ewww gross) and took a peek into the bathroom. He then started on the sea sick story. Yeah right. He fessed up to drinking but denied it was from the honor bar in E's room. K sure. Every thing he listed was exactly in the mini bar (I had inventoried ours to make sure we didnt get charged for anything, then locked it). I guess Black Label and Jose Cuervo dont mix well. The girls at the party cornered Ed and shaved off his little moustache too. A super soaker water gun was loaded with misc alcohol and shot all over the room too. Ed (after telling me all) then said he wanted his room to himself on New Years Eve. Ummm no f-ing way! Bill still buys into the sea sick crapola, but the cousins sure dont. I did run into Ed (while looking for Brie and her cousin, another story there) at 2am New Years am, he was quite sober and having fun. Lesson learned? Not sure, but I bet E's parents learned to lock the bar.

No comments: