Saturday, January 5, 2008

"What we got one curfew?"

Another tidbit from out trip. More on the quote later.
I dont like New Years Eve celebrations. They seem fake and just an excuse for the adults (and even non adults) to get drunk and wear silly hats. The cruise had several different parties planned. The main party was on the pool deck (hot tubs filled with ice and champagne), food stations and lots of noise makers (ugh). The other restaurants and bars had festivities planned. I managed to convince Caitlin to get up at 10 to see the party. She was not impressed. Brie and her cousin K (12) came by. I offered to sign them into the tween club, and they agreed. I also told them I would check back in an hour to see if they wanted to stay (nice of me since K's mother was no where to be found). I went back to the pool deck, Bill and Caitlin were both bored, so we went back to the room. Around 1130, I checked on Brie and K. They were totally bored (whooo big party for them, pizza and no music even). They ran off the minute I signed them out and tossed their wristbands. I headed back to the pool deck aiming for some free champagne (free from 1145-1215, yep I am cheap). I snagged a few (k more than a few) glasses and kept an eye out for the girls, figuring they would want to be at the main party. I had no hope of finding Ed, as the teens had a party in the Longboard Bar. Free champagne over, I headed back to the room. At 1am, I went in search of the girls again. One of their cruise friends said they were playing on the elevators. I looked again but nada. I was starting to get irritated. I went back to the room, in case Brie had gone back. Nope. I knocked on their Aunt's door (who I knew wouldnt be their but thought K and Brie may have gone to K's room). Nope but nephew C was hiding from me while his cousin S answered the door, like I cant smell rum. Arg. At 2am I went in search again. This time I went to where the main party was and behold the girls were leaving. I gave them The Look and said "Do you know what time it is?". K then uttered the words "What we got one curfew?". Said full of attitude. Ed then wandered up and said "What the hell are they still doing up?". Ed was miffed when I was sniffing him, just checking...lol The girls ran ahead of me to the rooms. By the time I got to ours, four girls were knocking on Ed's door. I almost told them he wasnt there but let them figure it out. My "mommy radar" didnt let me sleep til I heard Ed come in at 330 (he is a door slammer). Finally, I could sleep. Happy New Year to me.

No comments: