Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Missed another post....
I work in insurance. My boss has had some clients since she started out 25 plus years ago. The job is about relationships and knowing enough about people to help them. A is stage four cancer survivor. He visits or calls a bit. Yesterday he came by (he's an older man, in his 60s, and a dapper dresser). He had come from a co-workers daughter's funeral. Girl was 22 years old, drug overdose. He said she always seemed happy. He then mentioned his coworker and her husband "took in" her sister's daughter and raised her as "their own". Bio mom was a druggie and prostitute and chose not to be in her daughter's life. Then A adds "maybe knowing her mother was around and didn't want to see her caused this. Maybe she couldn't get over it, not having that tie". He actually understood that the "primal wound" could cut so deep. The bio mom showed up briefly at the funeral. I told A I was adopted and understood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment