Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My Favorite Place

I'm at one of my favorite places, its not home, or the beach, its The Bookstore. Its a small used (and a few new) bookstore. I will be "working" here for the next two weeks. In the same two story building we have a video rental place, a pet store, upstairs is a reggae music place and one of Dog the Bounty Hunter's office (we get a lot of folks who take pics of his sign, and no I dont ever see him). I've been a customer here for a few years and then I offered to help out when the owner was going on vacation and couldnt find anyone to help. Its great, before C started school she could hang out all day with books. The older two kids love it here too. I have always loved books, bookstores and libraries. My afam thought I was odd because I would rather read than do most anything else. During the long hot Arizona summers, my aparents would drop me off a few days a week at the library. I would bring a lunch and stay all day. My aparents didnt restrict my library card to "kids only" books. In school, my favorite place was the library. I have lots of books at home, I collect cookbooks and of course have my "adoption issue" library. My kids have my love of reading (hubby isnt a reader, opposites do attract I guess). My 11 yo dd's nickname last year was Reader Girl. When I found my nmother, one of her first questions was about hobbies. Her favorite=reading. It was so great to know that I got her love of reading and in turn passed it on to my children. So for the next two weeks I will be breathing in the smell of books and enjoying myself. Books, the internet what more could I ask for?