Friday, October 5, 2007

Other adoptees?

I was thinking that growing up, I only knew one other adoptee (if you dont count my asibs). My HS class had about 325 people. There should have been several of "us". When I moved to Hawaii, it seemed I found a lot of adoptees. Most of those I met were "Hanai" usually an informal infamily adoption. The adoptees I count here are at least 8. I didnt know any nmoms in AZ. I know one here. I wonder if I had classmates who were ashamed to admit they were adopted or just didnt know. Its scary thought either way. Maybe I will make it to my 30 year reunion and pose the question to the class. At least with online groups and communities we adoptees arent as isolated as we were. I think society wants us quiet so we dont rock the adoption boat. Too late.

No comments: