Friday, November 30, 2007

Justifying my Existence..... Again

I did it again! Ndad was contacted by the daughter of his late step/adopted brother (L was his brother from ndad's step/adopted father's first marriage, ndad's mother and his step/adopted dad had a son also). Anyway now that its more confusing..... Ndad forwarded the email to me, he had told T "My daughter M blah blah does the genealogy". So I email T all about the genie I have done and guess what I do? I justify who I am. I had to tell her (via first email) that I was adopted and J was my ndad and that I had found him three years ago. Its like I have to keep explaining who I am and why I am researching this line. Do real people do this? Sure they would say I am X dau blah blah, but why did I have to mention the whole adoption crap? Ndad didnt email her with "M is my daughter who was adopted out at birth who found me three years ago and does the genealogy". It was plain old M is my daughter etc. I hate feeling like I have to explain who I am in connection with the research I am doing, or maybe more so explaining why I have only been working on this three years. I hate not being a real person.

No comments: