No I didnt sneeze. NaBloPoMo stands for National Blog Posting Month. I had seen NaBloPoMo mentioned elsewhere but was afraid to ask what the heck it stood for. So now being the well behaved person I am, I am going to post every day. So November is chock full of fun with NaBloPoMo and of course Adoption Bewareness Month.
Maybe I should start today out with stupid comments/questions I have heard.
Growing up:
You dont look adopted.
Why didnt your real mother want you?
Who do you look like?
What are you?
You are so lucky to be adopted!
You should be grateful someone took you in.
While I was searching:
Do your parents know?
Did you ask your parents if you can look?
You are opening a can of worms.
Why would you want to find her?
Do you know if you have a father?
After I found:
Why did you intrude on her privacy?
Does she know who your father was?
Arent you lucky that they want to talk to you.
Why do you still want to talk to them, they told you what you needed to know.
I'm sure I can recall more. I wish the real people out there would think before they speak!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No matter HOW many times I've heard stupid remarks like that, I'm always at a loss for words. The whole deer in the headlights look. And then I spent the next 2 days obsessing over what I shoulda and coulda said. Knowing what we know so conflicts with what is generally believed about what it's like to be adopted that it's no wonder we all don't go mad.
Ha! Boy does that bring back the memories!
"Do you know if you have a father?"
The sperm fairy knocked her up for petesakes! LOL
Post a Comment