Thursday, November 8, 2007
Why do I do it??
Sometimes I wonder why I try and teach people about adoption reality. It gets me down so much. I then have to remind myself that I have helped defog a few people. One is M. M thought adoption was win-win for everyone. I explained the downside and M realized maybe his sister's depression and other issues were to blame on her having to give up her baby years ago (no I wont use the term place or relinquish, she was made to give up her baby). He just felt adoption was the answer to "her problem" and not the cause of her mental health woes. I have shown him #s etc on adoption and how unethical the industry is. I was able to talk with a few others and explain to them the lack of adoptee rights in this country. Yet for every person I help defog, they are in the minority. Why else would there be Adoption Awareness Month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment