Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Back into the Fog

My internet was down for a week. From Friday to Friday. It was interesting. I couldnt access my adoptee sites, blogs etc. A forced break from how awful adoption is. I could feel myself slipping back into the fog, even thinking "happy adoption" thoughts. How easy it is to distance yourself from the reality of the pain adoption causes, how much pain the adoptees still searching are going through, the pain of the rejected or ingnored adoptees, the lack of support from the general public and our own significant others. A week of being blissfully ignorant of the current adoption legislation, which for the most part denies adoptees basic human rights. It was easy to see why so many adoptees are still in the fog. It hurts and doesnt go away once we confront the reality that is adoption. Sometimes I miss the fog............