Monday, November 5, 2007

Outing nmother

I have kept my promise not to tell anyone in nmom's (hey mine too) family about me. I keep from posting at the surname message boards and my online trees are password protected. Every now and then I get the urge to contact someone and tell them who I am. I dont do it but the temptation is there. I guess knowledge is power in this case because I know I can make contact but dont. Does that make sense? I know a few people who have outed their nmothers with success, and a few who did not have any success.
I am tempted to, to contact my nsibs from ndad's first marriage. K is only ten months younger than me, N is ten months younger than K. N was told about me by ndad when they had their one meeting. He has ndad's email addy but hasn't contacted ndad since. I don't pursue contacting them since they have so little interest in ndad. I guess I feel some loyalty. Maybe this is one situation I have control over too. K has a daughter about the same age as my youngest. It's just sad how adoption ruins so many.

2 comments:

Ungrateful Little Bastard said...

That's so hard. I wrestle with that all the time; the question on if I should contact my aunts or my siblings. I'm just scared.

Mary said...

adoption sucks!